Let's face it, none of us keeps a perfect diet. Even with the best intentions and meal plans, you have your days of missing your appropriate share of dark leafy greens and colorful vegetables. At TVN, we preach that you should get as many of your nutrients as possible through food because of the bioavailability that food provides (the amount your body absorbs). Where you fall short, or want to maximize your nutrition, certain foods are better than others at picking up the slack. Our Spirulina is the perfect superfood to add to your diet to make sure you are getting everything you need for the healthiest you.
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is actually a naturally occurring blue-green algae, though for consumption it is grown in a controlled environment to maintain purity. It is largely made of protein and is rich in antioxidants, B-vitamins, iron, and other nutrients. Because it is an algae, its nutrients are highly bioavailable, meaning they are easily absorbed by the body.
Why Should I Take Spirulina?
- It may help you burn more fat during exercise
- It is 65% protein and amino acids, including the essential anti-inflammatory acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
- High in Omega 3 fatty acids
- Rich in easily-absorbed iron
- It has 26x the amount of calcium in a similar amount of milk
- It can bind with heavy metals in the body and help remove them
- It has an ORAC score 4x that of blueberries, which is a measure of its antioxidant ability
- It contains the following vitamins: B-1 (thiamine), B-2 (robaflavin), B-3, B-6, B-9 (folic acid), C, D, A and E.
- It contains potassium, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, selenium, sodium and zinc.
How Do I Consume Spirulina?
TVN brand Spirulina is some of the best Spirulina on the market. Our manufacturer maintains uncompromising quality standards in their cGMP approved facility.
Most people think Spirulina tastes a little like pond water, so we’ve provided it in an easy to consume capsule. For those who prefer drinks or shakes to pills, people often open the capsule and empty it into your morning beverage or even onto a salad. The recommended amount is one to two capsules a day. As always, consult with a physician before taking any dietary supplement. So what are you waiting for? Order your bottle and get on your path today!
P.D. Karkos, S.C. Leong, C.D. Karkos, N. Sivaji, and D.A. Assimakopoulos, "Spirulina in Clinical Practice: Evidence-Based Human Applications," Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 531053, 2011.
The Medical Research of Spirulina - Cyanotic Corporation Park, Hee Jung; Lee, Yun Jung; Ryu, Han Kyoung; Kim, Mi Hyn; Chung, Hye Won; Kim, Wha Young, "A randomized double blind, placebo controlled study to establish the effects of Spirulina in elderly Koreans," Annals of nutrition and metabolism, 2008.